How to listen to 8tracks in India
I had found this really cool site called 8tracks.com in which users can make playlists of their favorite songs and share with everyone.
I love how each playlist has a whole bunch of tags, so I can find my kind of music and listen to the tracks. I like slow, chill, mellow kind of songs and it’s very easy to find my kind of playlists. But recently 8tracks had some site changes and now it does not allow playing playlists in India and some other countries. It shows the youtube links but I couldn’t get that old seamless experience.
So, I discovered this cool trick with cookies that you can try:
– First you’ll need an addon/plugin with which you can edit cookies. I use chrome and am using an extension called: EditThisCookie.
– Then open 8tracks site and click on EditThisCookie to see all the cookies of this site.
– Find a cookie called country_code3. It’s value will currently be your country. Change it to “US”.
– Also change the year in expiration value to next year or something.
– Now reload the page and make sure your changes are still there.
You should now be able to listen to all songs.
Not sure how long this trick will keep working, but Happy Music Listening my fellow music lovers 🙂
Update: (18 Sep, 2016)
I guess this trick has stopped working. But you can use a VPN extension like Zenmate on Chrome.
Then load 8tracks. Make sure to clear all cookies first. Otherwise it will still have your old country. Free Zenmate always connects me through US. This way I can still listen to 8tracks 🙂