How to cancel Amazon order if you don’t see cancellation button
Amazon allows you to cancel orders within 30 minutes of placing it.
But then if it enters “preparing for dispatch” state, the cancel button is not visible anymore.
Best way to still cancel is to Start a Chat with customer service.
- Go to Help at the very bottom
- Then click on Customer Service and then click “Contact Us”
- Click Start Chatting. I find chats more convenient and quicker than calls.
- Tell customer service that you need to cancel order and give your order ID. Or they will by default ask you if it was your very last order.
- After that they will place a cancellation request. Which usually takes about an hour to cancel.
- If product has already been shipped or if they can’t cancel, just refuse the delivery at your door.
Hope this helps!